Michael Edward Fox founded Financial Planning Work$, Incorporated to solve the problem of compensation conflicts. A one time fee for services rendered for the time spent solving others' financial problems made more sense than tying the advice to the purchase of a product.
Lawyers, accountants, dentists, and doctors render (planning) advice without tying the advice to a product purchase as a method of compensation. Why should financial planning be any different? The implementation of any professional’s planning advice requires purchases of something, engineering services, incorporation services, a registered agent, bookkeeping, prescriptions, plaque rinse and dental floss to name a few. In all cases, the implementation decision is subsequent to the objective advice.
Curriculum Vitae ----------- Michael Edward Fox
- Rutgers University, Camden, NJ B.S... Degree Management
- American College, Bryn Mawr, PA CLU professional designation
- American College, Bryn Mawr, PA ChFC professional designation
- Mel Funk Real Estate School, Pennsauken, NJ lead to a real estate license
- Palmyra High School, Palmyra, NJ College Prep
Mr. Fox is a member of PACE. That stands for Professional Achievement in Continuing Education. PACE requires its members to obtain 30 credit hours of continuing education every two years.
The major course providers are:
- The American College for CLU & ChFC
- The Estate Planning Council of Southern New Jersey
- The Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- The Internal Revenue Service
- The National Association of Tax Professionals
- The Society for Financial Service Professionals
Mr. Fox is a member of:
- The Estate and Financial Planning Council of South Jersey (five year Board member and past president)
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
- The National Association of Tax Professionals and current Board Member of the NJ Chapter
- Sole proprietor investment & insurance sales 1966 - 1998
- Principal Michael Fox & Associates, Inc. General Agent life and health since 1982
- Principal Financial Planning Work$, Inc. Registered Investment Advisor since 1986
- Registered Representative Series 7 & 63 Cetera Advisors LLC (formerly Multi Financial Securities since 1994.) In 2013, MultiFinancial changed their name to Cetera Advisors LLC.
- Registered Representative Series 7 & 63 Royal Alliance Securities Corp. 1986 - 1994
- Principal S & M Summa Corp. Closely held real estate corporation. 1983 - 1989
- Principal CFS Associates, Inc. Closely held real estate corporation. 1983 - 1985
- Held a real estate license (no selling) 1973 - 1976
- Officer and Ethics Chair The New Jersey State Health Underwriters Association. 1975
- Founding Member Grace Alliance Chapel 2003 (Burlington NJ)
- Financial Secretary St. Matthew Church Moorestown NJ 1984 - 1989 (2 terms)
- Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 4 Moorestown NJ 1975 - 1987
- Cub Pack Committee Chairman Pack 4 Moorestown NJ 1984 - 1986
- Founder & President Fathers and Children’s Equality, Inc. 1991 - 1999 (a 501- (c)3). He is now an Advisory Board Member.
Divorced 28 years, 3 children, 4 grandchildren. Hobbies include gym workouts, cooking, sailing, snow & water skiing, High Intensity Interval Training & Tai Chi